Terms & Conditions ADRS Competition
2022 Australasian Double Reed Society National Competition
Conditions of Entry into the Competition
1. The adjudicators’ and administrators’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
2. Time limits will be strictly adhered to.
3. All contestants must provide a photocopy of the music (piano part for accompanied works) on the day for use by the adjudicators. (This will be destroyed at the end of the day, in line with copyright laws.)
4. Previous 1st Prize winners in an ADRS National Competition (since 2009) who have won a section or like section may not enter this section again.
5. Age limits apply as at the day of competition.
6. AMEB level or like sections will be strictly held. Any performance of a work well outside the prescribed AMEB level for a section will not be allowed to win a prize. Any uncertainty regarding the level of a work to be presented should be directed to the entrant's teacher, if applicable, or to the ADRS for clarification.
7. Entrants can enter 1 (one) skill leveled section ONLY - Beginner, Junior, Intermediate, Senior, Adult Beginner, Weekend Warrior & “Friends”.
8. Entrants entering a skill level may ALSO enter the Elite (Open Age) Section and/or Baroque Section, but must perform different repertoire in each section.
9. Places are strictly limited and entries will be processed in order of receipt. If a section is filled then reserve places will be offered up to the day of the competition.
10. All cash prizes will be posted or presented after the event via money transfer. Other prizes will be presented on the day.
11. Prize winners are expected to be available at the end of a section for a photo with sponsors and for prizes to be awarded.
12. Piano accompanists are provided on the day of the competition. Entrants may also choose to provide their own accompanist at their own expense instead. Please indicate upon application to the competition if the competition accompanist will be required. Once the entrant has received their competition accompanist’s contact details, contact must be made with the accompanist as soon as possible PRIOR to the day of competition to secure the entrant’s place. Any prior rehearsal with either competition- or self-provide accompanists will be at the expense of the entrant.
2022 Australasian Double Reed Society National Competition is proudly presented by the
Australasian Double Reed Society Inc. A0035497R.